Creative Media: Python Web Developer
Name: Ian Skebba
You can visit the Creative Media website to learn more about them.
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-20 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0017-1045-2012
Last Date to Apply: Open Until Filled
To synthesize websites in Python, HTML, and CSS using Django; and to provide IT support to various clients.
Will work individually and under supervision to develop robust and maintainable websites; this process will include meeting with clients to gather specifications, collaborating with graphics designers to implement designs, and deploying websites to production servers. Will also assist in IT tasks and the maintenance of other websites using content management systems such as WordPress.
- Must demonstrate good independent learning and organization skills.
- Must exemplify front-end and back-end expertise, including user experience design skill and an understanding of databases and computer networking (particularly HTTP).
- Must demonstrate fluency in Python, HTML, and CSS.
- Must have a working knowledge of either web programming frameworks such as Django, Bootstrap, or Flask; or large software packages.
- Must be comfortable working in a UNIX environment; and have a basic understanding of file permissions, SSH, Vim, and Git source control.
- Should be able to demonstrate a capability to administer Linux servers running NGINX, PostgresSQL, Apache, MySQL, and VMware.
- Please list a past project that you feel greatly demonstrates your talent.
- Please describe your previous work experience, emphasizing the challenges you've faced in your respective positions.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position, and how the position relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.