Pantry: Project Manager
Name: Armando Figueroa
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $56 per week (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 20 hours per week
Start Date: Sept. 15, 2014
End Date: June 20, 2015
Job Number: 0025-1268-2014
Last Date to Apply: April 2, 2014
Charged with managing and overseeing the Pantry, a unit that is responsible for providing food and basic essentials to UC Davis students struggling to pay for meals and other basic necessities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to market
the unit and increase visibility
- Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Create and present a written
report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate, meet with adopted Senator for the unit
on a quarterly basis, and act as the liaison between the student government and
- Attend unit director trainings as
required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Business Manager
to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis Policies and Procedures.
- Work with the ASUCD Controller to
review and evaluate unit budget.
- Maintain Unit policies and
- Uphold, safeguard, and promote
ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, social
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
Perform administrative duties and
- Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time and project management
- Ability to motivate and inspire
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of periodic finance
and accounting preferred.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.