Entertainment Council: Online Promotion Director
Name: Henry Chatfield
You can visit the Entertainment Council website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-15+ hrs/wk
Start Date: July 15, 2012
End Date: June 1, 2013
Job Number: 0002-0136-2012
Last Date to Apply: May 17, 2012
- Oversee all online Entertainment Council presence and marketing.
- Consistent work to increase online presence and reach.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Maintain all online accounts primarily including Facebook, EC website, Tumblr, and Twitter.
- Oversee marketing strategy running online ad campaigns through Facebook, Google, Youtube, etc.
- Constantly develop web presence through SEO, fan retention and user experience.
- Develop and implement conception of EC events calendar to eventually become “go-to” entertainment calendar for Davis area.
- Develop conception of EC blog (or Tumblr) and oversee staff blog entries.
- Maintain newsletter operation.
- Create (with help from staff) custom EC playlists on Spotify and similar services.
- As with all EC staff, is willing to chalk at 6am for one hour/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, is willing to table in the Quad two hours/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, must be able to attend a weekly staff meeting that will take place either on Monday or Tuesday.
- Familiarity with WordPress and website design.
- Able to consistently update content on a weekly basis.
- Interest in SEO and online marketing strategies.
- Able to make Entertainment Council a priority.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic design programs.
- Self motivated.
- Able to meet timely deadlines (primarily posting breaking announcements or working on last minute graphic design changes).
- Available in Davis CA for most of Summer preferred, but not required.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.