Entertainment Council: Cinema Director
Name: Henry Chatfield
You can visit the Entertainment Council website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 4-7 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 2, 2012
End Date: June 1, 2013
Job Number: 0002-0137-2012
Last Date to Apply: May 17, 2012
- Determine a variety of appropriate films to screen over the course of the academic year.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Organize and present at least three film screenings per quarter.
- Be able to gauge whether films that are solicited are appropriate for screening.
- Oversee use of outdoor cinema screening equipment if it is rented out.
- As with all EC staff, is willing to chalk at 6am for one hour/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, is willing to table in the Quad two hours/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, must be able to attend a weekly staff meeting that will take place either on Monday or Tuesday.
- Must have a familiarity of the film industry and be able to appropriately gauge student interest in specific titles.
- Self motivated.
- Must be able to make EC a priority.
- Familiarity with ASUCD and experience working with Entertainment Council as a volunteer, intern, of staff member is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with some element of the film industry preferred, but not required.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.