Entertainment Council: Assistant Director
Name: Danielle Burnstein
You can visit the Entertainment Council website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-15+ hrs/wk
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2013
End Date: June 1, 2013
Job Number: 0002-0142-2013
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 7, 2013
- Work closely with Director in managing mission and course of the Entertainment Council throughout the year.
- Constantly reflect on ways to improve service of EC and how it can better serve the UC Davis students.
- Candidates with an expected graduation date of June 2014 or later are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work on and coordinate entertainment programming schedule with Director for the academic year. This primarily involves production of concerts ranging in size from Quad shows to midsize 250-person capacity events, to 1800-person events in Freeborn Hall.
- Take on tasks assigned by the Director including booking artists and organizing Quad shows.
- Run staff meetings and general oversight of unit in the case that the Director is unable to do so.
- Organize and runs volunteer meetings and coordinate volunteers during events. Also work with Promotion Director to coordinate volunteers for street team promotion.
- As with all EC staff, is willing to chalk at 6am for one hour/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, is willing to table in the Quad two hours/wk to promote upcoming events (does not apply for every week).
- As with all EC staff, must be able to attend a weekly staff meeting that will take place either on Monday or Tuesday.
- Available in Davis over part of summer for training and initial work on 2012-13 entertainment programming.
- Highly Self-motivated.
- Well organized.
- Creative problem solving.
- Effective leader and able to appropriately delegate tasks to others.
- Able to make Entertainment Council a priority and take on tasks at last minute notice.
- Strong management ability.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience as EC volunteer, Intern, or Staff member and general understanding of operating function of ASUCD preferred, but not required.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.