Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Unit Director
Name: Mariah Watson
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $47/ week( pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 20 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2016
End Date: June 15, 2017
Job Number: 0032-1495-2016
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 18, 2016
Responsible for managing and overseeing Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students (HAUS), a unit that provides students with the resources necessary to find off-campus housing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit and establish yearly goals that align with the 2020 Vision for ASUCD
- Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to market the unit and increase visibility
- Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
- Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
- Uphold, safeguard, and promote ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, and social responsibility.
- Create and present a written report once a quarter to ASUCD Senate.
- Review and evaluate unit budget.
- Acts as liaison between student government and Unit. Meet with adopted Senator for the unit quarterly.
- Develop and track metrics within Unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
1. Perform administrative duties and work independently.
2. Interpersonal communication skills and solid customer service skills.
3. Strong time and project management skills.
4. Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
5. Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
6. Understanding of operational management and finance.
7. Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred
a. Write one report every 2 academic weeks and one end of the year report that will be used for the ASUCD Annual Report
b. Submit “work week outline” form to the SSO office every week.
c. Attend quarterly ASUCD Training's held by the Vice-president’s Office in conjunction with the SSO Office.
d. Fulfill all duties described in this position description.
e. Meet with the executive office at least once a quarter to keep them up-to-date about the going-ons of their unit.
f. Work with IAC & B & F to complete annual audits and LRP’s of their units
g. Work with ASUCD to complete ASUCD’s goals
Additional Information In order to be eligible for consideration and interview, successful candidate must be able to commit to:
a. Spring 2016: Unpaid training/shadowing:
- A minimum of 20 hours for the quarter of shadowing of current director. ¨
- Attend mandatory ASUCD Leadership Course. The student will earn 2 units upon successful completion of the ASUCD Leadership Course. The course is two hours a week for 9 weeks, and is Pass/No Pass.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.