Student Government: Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Miguel Luis Guerrero
Payrate: $52.88/wk (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-8 hours/week
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2016
End Date: Oct. 27, 2016
Job Number: 0008-1521-2016
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 18, 2016
To help the Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission (ECAC) in reaching its goal of being a liason between ASUCD and historically underrepresented communities at UC Davis, as well as investigating & recommending policies for such communities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Facilitate weekly meetings for the commission
- Be an overall liason between ASUCD and underrepresented communities
- Attend weekly senate meetings
- Help allocate grants for student organizations as well as legislation
- Coordinate relevant programming
- Previous experience with historically underrepresented communities & student organizations on campus
- Public speaking and communication skills
- Previous organization experience and participation with ECAC highly recommended
- A passion for social justice
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.