Unitrans: Payroll Manager
Name: Calvin La
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $12.75/hour + $40/wk stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 1, 2017
Job Number: 0009-1579-2016
Last Date to Apply: April 14, 2016
Holds direct responsibility for the bi-weekly payroll processing for over 200+ Unitrans employees in different and overlapping accounts. Oversees all related data entry functions, positions, and all other payroll processing procedures. Holds ultimate responsibility for the timely and accurate submission of all payroll documents.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A.Prepare and submit biweekly Payroll reports for all employees:
1. Process all Timecards and Count Sheets in a timely manner.
2. Process employee raises.
3. Process employee separations.
4. Maintain Employee Paperwork.
5. Produce bi-weekly payroll reports available to employees, managers and ASUCD
B.Participate with Planning.
1. Work in conjunction with the IT Department to update and improve software programs.
2. Evaluate payroll procedures, polices and update as needed.
3. Attend weekly manager's meetings.
4. Update Payroll Manual as needed.
C.Provide necessary payroll information to employees.
1. Holds at least 5 announced office hours weekly.
2. Attend all mandatory meetings quarterly to inform employees of payroll information.
3. Inform all employees of raise and back pay changes.
4. Create Unitrans Payroll Schedules.
5. Resolve all Payroll Inquiries.
D.Train the future Payroll Manager.
1. Participate in the hiring of the new Payroll Manager.
2. Train the new payroll manager.
1. Train and hire new payroll assistants.
2. Hold weekly payroll meetings.
3. Oversee correct completion of payroll assistant's duties.
4. Work in conjunction with all Unitrans Managers.
5. Collaborate with ASUCD payroll on a daily basis.
The skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the Unitrans Payroll Manager may be acquired, to some extent, through on-the-job training and experience.
- Ability to exercise independent responsibility.
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Organizational and supervisory skills.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Willing to make payroll first priority when deadlines arise.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge preferable.
- Ability to make quick financial decisions.
- Knowledge of Unitrans columns and positions desirable.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Capable of completion of duties in a high stress environment.
- Available during summer and breaks to complete payroll.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.