Student Government: Entrepreneurship Fund - Chair
Name: Laurence Feygin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10 hrs/week
Start Date: April 29, 2016
End Date: March 24, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1588-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 5, 2016
The Entrepreneurship Fund chairperson is responsible for making sure that all of the duties of the fund are completed, namely administering a grant cycle and taking the grant recipients through a mentorship program. The chairperson is the primary representative of the fund's board, and his/her main purpose is to promote entrepreneurship on and off campus and to provide value to the grant recipients. The chairperson must act as a leader of his/her board and as a leader in the UC Davis entrepreneurial community.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Administer at least one grant cycle per year, which includes marketing the application process, reviewing applications and assembling a selection committee.
- Ensuring that everyone on the board keeps on track with their assignments and picking up slack when necessary.
- Provide value to grant recipients through improving the mentorship program and through fundraising
- Network with students as well as entrepreneurial leaders on and off campus to promote UCD's entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with a record of getting things accomplished
- A passion for entrepreneurship and a deep knowledge of startup resources and trends
- Interpersonal skills to lead a board and to network with various student groups and entrepreneurial organizations
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.