Unitrans: Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator
Name: Jenna Wetzel and Breanna Pasqua
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 15 hrs/week (including weekends)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 16, 2017
Job Number: 0009-1603-2016
Last Date to Apply: April 21, 2016
Assist the Human Resources Manager and Business Office Manager in recruiting new employees, providing customer support, and facilitating transit customer outreach efforts.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Develop and implement outreach and recruitment methods for new employees
1. Identify and coordinate recruitment opportunities throughout campus
2. Initiate outreach events to promote Unitrans positions
3. Create a calendar with events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
4. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create content (flyers, booklets) to promote Unitrans positions
5. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss promotional outreach efforts and evaluate effectiveness
B. Transit customer outreach
1. Communicate to community members how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation
2. Disseminate information about Unitrans service options (including routes, schedules, fare) at various venues
3. Assist the Business Office Manager to organize Unitrans' presence at various outreach events throughout the year
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Must be work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
- Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Must be able to work with people in a personal and amiable manner on both the phone and in person.
- Must have a well-developed knowledge of current Unitrans policies, procedures, and hiring practices.
- Must be a creative and innovative thinker.
- Must be able to effectively assess customers' needs.
- Must be able to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.