Student Government: Department of Communications Staff
Name: Lauren Ashe
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2 hours/week
Start Date: May 2, 2016
End Date: March 10, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1607-2016
Last Date to Apply: April 27, 2016
The Department of Communications publicizes the ASUCD President and advises on matters of image and publicity of the Executive Branch and Student Government. This department shapes the reputation of the Presidency through regular relationships with media outlets and social media presence.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Manage social media pages
- Assist in writing press releases
- Photograph events
- Develop connections with both on and off campus media entities
- Give presentations encouraging student involvement in ASUCD
- Communicates achievements from leadership to students, and concerns from students to leadership
- Interest in student life and ASUCD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptive leader and committed team player
- Must attend all mandatory meetings and be able to fulfill the previously listed responsibilities
- Photography and graphic design skills preferred
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.