Unitrans: Marketing Manager
Name: Brady Comerford
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-1618-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 5, 2016
Direct and manage Unitrans'
advertising, marketing, outreach
and promotional activities, and oversee
the creation and maintenance of multimedia
(print and electronic) projects
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant General Manager of Administration.
THOSE SUPERVISED: Transit Marketing Assistants
If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring a portfolio of samples that you believe best represents your design aesthetic for review by the selection panel.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire, train, and supervise Transit Marketing Assistants
- Oversee the development and production of the annual Unitrans bus schedule
- Work with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, Business Office Manager, and Customer Outreach Coordinator (and other Unitrans managers as needed) to identify needs for employee and public outreach materials, and develop/implement work plans for the timely completion of identified tasks
- Organize and prioritize various requests for printed materials throughout the company, and negotiate delivery schedules as needed.
- Catalog and manage all Unitrans internal and external print and electronic media files, and obtain permission for use of non-original artwork in any Unitrans print or electronic publications
- Administer Unitrans' public social media interfaces and post relevant and timely customer service information
- Participate in weekly meetings with other Unitrans managers and career staff
- Organize and coordinate purchases of materials and supplies needed for all production efforts
- Regularly update and maintain Marketing Unit processes, procedures, and contact lists
- Oversee the development and implementation of special projects as needed.
- Marketing and design experience is highly desirable
- Video pre-production, production and post-production experience is helpful
- Computer hardware and other equipment required to complete various assignments, including but not limited to desktop/laptop computers, printers, copiers, film and digital cameras, video cameras and editing equipment, scanners, and other reproductive equipment.
- Principles of design
- Computer illustration and design applications (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Digital image manipulation techniques.
- Graphic computer file creation and preparation.
- Multiple file formats and cross-platform issues for file distribution
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
printing and finishing techniques, as it
relates to design and fabrication
- Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software. Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google applications (Drive, Documents, Slides, Sheets, etc.) preferred
- Graphic design principles and techniques, including special effects, overlays, photo manipulation, and type styling.
- Ability to understand Unitrans bus routes and operations
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to implement effective time management techniques, and seek advice and direction as needed on project priorities.
- Ability to properly organize and delegate tasks as needed to ensure that timely completion of projects.
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority in a professional manner
- Must be able to train during the remainder of Spring Quarter, and must be available to
during the summer
- What is your perspective on the perception of Unitrans among students and residents throughout the City of Davis?
- Please describe any specific experience and/or coursework you have related to marketing/communications and design.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.