Student Government: External Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Joe Nazzal
Payrate: $47/week (pending ASUCD budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10+ hrs/week
Start Date: June 9, 2016
End Date: June 9, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1627-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 5, 2016
To lead the External Affairs Commission and report to the
ASUCD Senate on matters external to the association and the University of
California, Davis. The External Affairs Commission is responsible for establishing
rapport and developing relationships with all off-campus public bodies that
interact with the students of UC Davis. EAC also investigates and makes
recommendations on programs, policies, and legislation to the ASUCD Senate
regarding external issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Preside over weekly EAC Meeting
- Attend weekly ASUCD Senate Meetings on Thursdays at 6:10 p.m.
- Advise the Senate on the consensus of EAC on issues and legislation pertaining to External Affairs
- Hold four office hours per week (two of which must be be public)
- Inform and discuss ASUCD Senate legislation, projects, and commission responsibilities with EAC commissioners
- Edit EAC Facebook and other forums of publicity
- Post hirings for EAC commissioners and certain committees of ASUCD
- Coordinate staff development and quarterly commission volunteer projects
- Oversee use of EAC annual budget
- Plan and oversee events such as Davis Neighbors’ Night
Out, Art in the Air, Davis Volunteer and Service Fair, and Music on the Green
- Enthusiasm for leadership ASUCD, and the community of Davis
- Strong knowledge of and capabilities in outreach, both
written and verbal
- Knowledge of ASUCD protocol and bylaws and EAC's purpose and projects
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.