Student Government: Advisory Board Co-Chair for Entrepreneurship Fund
Name: Laurence Feygin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hours/week
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2016
End Date: June 15, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1640-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2016
The advisory board co-chairs serve as liaisons between the Entrepreneurship Fund and the student body, especially the grant recipients. The co-chairs we be resourceful in finding various people on and off campus that could be of use to the grant recipients.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Provide assistance to recent grant recipients. This includes maintaining regular contact with the grantees, keeping track of grant funding and taking note of progress, and finding resources grantees may need to succeed.
- Host at least one weekly office hour session (usually 2 hours). Office hours entail answering any questions students may have about the grant process or their business, checking in with recipients, and just generally being available to help.
- Great communication skills and sound business sense
- Desire to help aspiring student entrepreneurs overcome obstacles
- Ability to listen (remember that this is their business, not yours - you give advice, not demands)
- Dependable and punctual with great organizational skills
- Ability to take independent initiative
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.