Student Government: ASUCD Court Justice
Name: Abhay Sandhu
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-6 hours/week
Start Date: May 26, 2016
End Date: June 15, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1651-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 19, 2016
The ASUCD court consists of eight associate justices and one chief justice. Its main responsibility is to interpret the wording of the ASUCD Constitution and legislation enacted pursuant to the Constitution. It is also responsible for reviewing previously enacted legislation made by the ASUCD Senate as requested by any ASUCD members. Once appointed, members of the Court serve for the remainder of their membership in ASUCD, as long as it does not exceed four years.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Attend weekly ASUCD court meetings. .
- Attend & participate in court hearings
- Have the ultimate authority to interpret the wording of this Constitution and that of legislation enacted pursuant to this Constitution.
- Review previously enacted legislation made by the Senate following a written request by any ASUCD member(s)
- Review complaints regarding the Elections Committee or any other office or body of ASUCD.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptive learner
- Teamwork skills
- Hard working
- Rules oriented
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.