Unitrans: Transit Conductor
Name: Emma Rudolph
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 12-19 hrs/wk
Start Date: May 23, 2016
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-1654-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 19, 2016
- Ensure safe and reliable transportation of passengers on all Unitrans double-decker buses.
- Memorize stops passengers wish to alight at, and communicate these requests to driver 3. Collect fares, issue transfers and give out accurate route and schedule information.
- Control and ensure the safe loading and unloading of passengers.
- Keep passenger-count and on-time performance records.
- Keep transit vehicle clean during service.
- Must work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Must attend three mandatory meetings a quarter.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when demand requires it in order to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the transit system.
- Must have possession of an accurate time piece which displays hours, minutes, and seconds.
THIS IS A NON-DRIVING POSITION.
THIS IS A SAFETY-SENSITIVE, DRUG-TESTED POSITION. Successful applicants will be part of a random drug and alcohol testing pool as defined by federal regulations 49 CFR PART 40.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of individual personality.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with other Unitrans employees and the general public.
- Good public relations and customer service skills.
- Desire to work with people in an amiable and personable manner.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.