Student Government: External Affairs Commission Members & Alternates
Name: Joe Nazzal
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2016
End Date: June 1, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1684-2016
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2016
The External Affairs Commission is responsible for establishing rapport and developing relationships with all off-campus public bodies that interact with the students of UC Davis. EAC also investigates and makes recommendations on programs, policies, and legislation to the ASUCD Senate regarding external issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Attend one other committee meeting per week
- Review legislation and make recommendations to the ASUCD senate
Applicants should be reliable, highly-motivated and interested in making a difference on-campus and off. We are seeking team players and self-starters with creative input to enhance the commission's projects and policy recommendations.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.