Picnic Day: Animal Events Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1733-2016
Last Date to Apply: July 14, 2016
To plan and help facilitate all Picnic Day Animal Events
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work with various off and on campus groups to coordinate 35-45 Picnic Day animal events.
- Work closely with Grounds to coordinate field usage.
- Coordinate equipment, electrical, water and space needs for the events, including setting up fencing.
- Create applications and confirmation materials and administer relevant Picnic Day and University Policies.
- Attends weekly Board meetings, hold mandatory weekly office hours
- Attend other meetings as necessary.
- Hire Assistant Directors to assist in planning and set-up.
- Prepare end of year report
- Responsible and Respectful
- Communication skills
- Why do you want to be Animal Events Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.