Picnic Day: Children's Discovery Faire Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1735-2016
Last Date to Apply: July 14, 2016
Organize and host the Children's Discovery Fair, an educational, fun, safe, and family friendly event.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Identify and organize activities for children on Picnic Day (educational crafts and activities, entertainment, exhibits, booths, etc.)
- Work with groups on and off campus to host a booth/exhibit.
- Prepare, plan, and oversee the Craft Workshop Parties.
- Manage the budget and order supplies as necessary.
- Direct over 100 volunteers on Picnic Day.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year Board Report.
- Communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.