Picnic Day: Exhibits Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1737-2016
Last Date to Apply: July 14, 2016
Recruit and coordinate over 130 events with campus departments.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Serve as liasion between Departmental representatives, Risk Management, Environmental Health and Safety, the Office of Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability, and the Picnic Day Board.
- Assist Advisor in approval and coordination of Departmental and CAAA Food events and hospitality tents.
- Serve as Picnic Day contact for departmental events.
- Coordinates logistics and publicizes exhibits on Picnic Day.
- Administers relevant campus Picnic Day policies.
- Coordinates exhibits judging contest.
- Hire and supervise Assistant Directors.
- Hold office hours each week, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Responsible and Respectful
- What do you hope to accomplish as Exhibits Director?
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.