Picnic Day: Publicity Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1741-2016
Last Date to Apply: July 14, 2016
Create marketing plan for Picnic Day and serve as the point person for the Board of Directors for news or media.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive list of the media and their deadlines and contacts.
- Distribute Picnic Day poster and the Schedule of Events throughout the campus and community.
- Develop templates for announcements for recruiting applications, Assistant Directors, and volunteers.
- Work with News Service and Dateline.
- Work with MU to promote Picnic Day on the plasma screen.
- Develop publicity strategies with Chair and Vice Chair.
- Work with Graphics Director in preparing a press video.
- Work with all Directors to assess their publicity needs.
- Keep a record or scrapbook of news articles.
- Hire Assistants, hold office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepares end of year report.
- Maintain social media.
- Communication skills
- Writing Skills
- What do you hope to accomplish as Publicity Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.