Picnic Day: Technical Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1743-2016
Last Date to Apply: July 14, 2016
Maintains the Picnic Day web site, coordinates with Creative Media, and ensures Picnic Day Board of Directors has all necessary technical equipment
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Keep a record of hits on the website.
- Work with the Graphics Director to post current photos the Board and the events on the website.
- Manage Picnic Day office computers and coordinate e-mails.
- Work on website and update Picnic Day information daily.
- Arrange and organize telecommunications, including telephone lines into and out of the Picnic Day office, as well as radio and cell phone communications between Directors and university staff during Pre-Week and on Picnic Day.
- Contract sound providers and serve as the liaison between the Entertainment Director and his/her lineup of entertainment and the sound providers.
- Provide or arrange for amplified sound needed by any Directors or events.
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report.
- Communication skills
- Know how to read html, Jara, etc.
- Website experience
- Time Management
- 3. What do you hope to accomplish as Technical Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.