Picnic Day: Special Events Director
Name: Chelsea Hernandez
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $675 One-Time Stipend (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2016
End Date: May 29, 2017
Job Number: 0004-1746-2016
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2016
Plan and facilitate pre-week activities, which include: the Cow Milking contest, Frisbee giveaways, and other contests/entertainment, and coordinate staffing and volunteers for information booths on the day of.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Information booths across campus
- Plan and run pre week, the week before Picnic Day, with activities such as cow milking and acapella show.
- Coordinate all signage for Picnic Day and coordinates sign making party
- Help promote safety during Pre Week and on Picnic Day
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold office hours, attend weekly Board meetings, prepares end of year report.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skill
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.