Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Peer Advisor
Name: Juliana Luna
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 27, 2016
End Date: Dec. 2, 2016
Job Number: 0032-1749-2016
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 20, 2016
To assist the HAUS team in accomplishing their goals for this quarter, mainly aiding students in the selection of their living space. Peer advisors will be trained in knowledge of Davis housing market including renter's rights, affordable housing options (co-ops), etc.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Work with other communities on-campus to ensure inclusivity
- Hold meetings with students and other campus leaders
- Advise students regarding their housing options
- Hold weekly office hours
- Attend weekly HAUS meetings
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Desire to help others
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.