Coffee House: Cashier
Name: Emily Weidemann
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hours/week
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2016
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-1767-2016
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2016
The Coffee House is now hiring cashiers with previous cashier experience for Fall 2016!
- Interviews for this position will be held in person August 15th through August 24th. Video conferencing interviews will be available if you are not able to interview in person. Please note in your application if you will not be able to interview in person.
- Newly hired employees are required to attend orientation sessions on September 1st through September 9th (times will vary, will not include weekends and holidays).
- Training will take place September 12th through September 16th. You MUST be able to train that week... NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All new employees will be required to work September 19th and 20th. Regular schedules will begin September 21st.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Work in the various areas of the Coffee House to ring up our customers' purchases, stock various items, and maintain a clean area during a shift.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a busser in the dining room, emptying trash, wiping tables and stocking service platforms.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a S.C.R.E.En team member (Security,Customer Relations,Employee Ethics), monitoring the dining room and service floor for hazards and/or theft and providing customer service.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week and a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am, closing shifts ranging between 7-10:30pm, Monday-Friday, and weekend shifts.
- Must have previous cashier experience.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~ $15. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to work independently in a constructive manner.
- Must display a positive attitude at the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.