Student Government: Staff for Senator Ricardo Martinez
Name: Ricardo Martinez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 2-4 Hours/Week
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2016
End Date: March 29, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1805-2016
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 25, 2016
- To assist Senator Martinez in increasing the retention and recruitment of Chicanx/Latinx students, collaborate with the Latinx community at large, revamp Aggie Job Link, and lastly but certainly not the least, the purpose of this position is to allow you to become involved in student government and represent your peers.
**More broadly, this position can really be up to you, if you have a specific project in mind, I am here to support you 100%!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- 1hr weekly meetings
- Attend 1-2 commission meetings per quarter
- Work alongside other Senate Staff, ASUCD and campus entities
- Coordinate events and remain active
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.