Coffee House: Employee
Name: Emily Weidemann
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: Oct. 4, 2016
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-1809-2016
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 22, 2016
The Coffee House is now hiring Kitchen, Out Front, and Cashier employees for Fall Quarter 2016. Employees will be preparing great food, serving with a smile, and/or working registers for our 9000+ daily customers.
- General group interviews for positions will be held in person September 29th and September 30th.
- Newly hired employees are required to attend orientation sessions on October 4th through October 7th (times will vary)
- Training will take place October 10th through October 14th. You MUST be able to train that week...NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Regular schedules will begin on October 17th.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
Applicants selected for an interview will be considered for one position, based on the applicant's experience and CoHo staffing needs. If you have a preference for one position over another, please note it in your application.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Learn basic and more advanced "scratch" cooking and baking techniques. Prepare salads, slice meats and cheeses, prepare vegetables for recipies, create casseroles, sauces, soups, entrees, and make cookies, cakes, frostings, and bars.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work area during a shift.
- Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work 15 hours per week during the academic year. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am, late evenings, and weekends.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- No experience necessary. We will train you, however, please list all previous food experience on your application.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~$15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.