Student Government: Elections Committee Chair
Name: Adilla Jamalndin
Payrate: $100/wk for 6 weeks (refer to budget)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Flexible - up to 19 hrs/wk
Start Date: Oct. 30, 2016
End Date: Feb. 25, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1810-2016
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 29, 2016
Lead person to carry out all ASUCD Elections in a fair and impartial mannered as outlined in Chapter Four of ASUCD bylaws
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet bi-weekly with the 2 member committee and advisor
- Assign duties and supervise tasks to be performed by committee
- Facilitate press and/or candidate's workshops
- Arrange, plan, and implement all logistics necessary for an online election
- Meet as scheduled with the Internet and Networking Committee (INC), Creative Media team, and Senate pro tempore
- Facilitate election outreach, publicity, and candidates forums and/or events
- Organize fall & winter election calendar
- Enforce election codes and regulation outlined in ASUCD Bylaws, Chapter Four
- Actual Dates: October 30th-November 19th and February 5th-25th
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Must be impartial
- Ability to make tough and unpopular decisions
- Can work under pressure
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus knowledge of campus media resources a plus
- Experience managing events, public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.