Executive Office: GSA-ASUCD Joint Housing Taskforce
Name: Alex T. Lee
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 3 hours/week
Start Date: Oct. 28, 2016
End Date: June 20, 2017
Job Number: 0035-1821-2016
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 12, 2016
The housing crisis is a pervasive problem facing all students, undergrads, and grads. The vacancy rate is 0.2% and with a grwing populations, finding a place to live will get harder and harder. Increasing rents will also make the student experience more difficult.
This taskforce organized, by both ASUCD and the Graduate Student Association, will be responsible for researching the housing situation present at Davis. It will be composed of 5 undergraduates and 5 graduates.
The taskforce will be created to provide policy and action recommendations to student leaderships. The ultimate goal of this taskforce is to draft a report by the end of the year that outlines housing trends within Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with fellow task force members to research necessary components asked of by the job
- Develop a report including the data and research conducted throughout the year
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Perform administrative duties and work independently
- Have a general knowledge of housing projects that are ongoing in the Davis community
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Office Suite
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.