Student Government: Academic Senate Student Representative
Name: Alex T. Lee
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2 hrs a week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Dec. 16, 2016
Job Number: 0008-1823-2016
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 15, 2016
The purpose of the Academic Senate is to establish admission and degree policies, oversee course and curricula, recommend faculty appointments and promotions, and advise the campus on budgetary and administrative matters. Academic Senate Student Representatives will be adding students' voices to these administrative decisions.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend Academic Senate Committee meetings on a monthly basiis
- Report to the ASUCD Vice President on what is being discussed in those meetings on a quarterly basis
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Able to atend meetings and provide student input
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with faculty, staff, and administrators
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.