Unitrans: Marketing Assistant
Name: Hannah Hughes
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-1828-2016
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 6, 2016
Assist the Marketing Manager and the Planning department with the design work of outreach materials. This job entails close coordination with the Marketing Manager and other Marketing Assistants to create both physical and digital promotional materials.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Work on special projects such as:
- Layout and design of flyers, brochures, and promotional items
- Social media management including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Basic public relations activities such as:
- Participation in/assistance with public events
- Delivery of schedules and other promotional materials
- Implementation of marketing campaigns
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must be highly motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in computer and design programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, as well as Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Public relations and social media experience are highly desirable
- Copywriting and communications experience are highly recommended
- Must be creative both via artistic skills and problem solving abilities
- Must have knowledge of or willingness to learn and understand Unitrans operations
- If offered an interview, you must present a portfolio. You should choose works that demonstrate not only your artistic style and skill, but also your ability to clearly and concisely communicate messages through text and images.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.