Unitrans: Transit Planning Assistant
Name: Kalen Kasraie
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-1873-2016
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 3, 2016
Assistant in the Unitrans Transit Planning Department
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend regular Unitrans Planning meetings and occasional public meetings not during business hours
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data as directed by supervisor and suggest data that may be useful for route planning and scheduling decisions.
- Offer input to Planning Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, and Assistant General Manager of Administration on proposed changes to Unitrans routes, stops, and times
- Complete independent Planning project quarterly as supervised by Planning Manager.
- Assist Planning Manager in the documentation of trees that may interfere with transit, the quality of bus stops and/or shelters, and the ADA accessibility of stops.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must have well-developed knowledge of current Unitrans routes and schedule.
- Must have well-developed knowledge of Davis roads and traffic patterns.
- Knowledge may be obtained by bus riding and/or driving.
- Experience with worksheets, databases, and GIS would be useful.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.