Coffee House: Nutrition Intern
Name: Elisa Hagopian
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $11.00/ hr
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs./week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-1880-2016
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 10, 2016
Associated Students Dining Services (comprised of the ASUCD Coffee House, CoHo-To-Go Convenience Store and the CoHo South Café) is looking for a motivated, qualified student to take on the role of Nutrition Intern. AS Dining Services is a unique, primarily student-staffed food service operation focused on offering sustainable, made-from-scratch menu items to the UC Davis community.
The student selected for this internship should be prepared to work independently to set and achieve goals and to also communicate effectively with the AS Dining Services management team and Director as needed to foster a collaborative process. The student selected will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of nutritional analysis, including data collection, nutritional calculations and the dissemination of the information to AS Dining Service customers.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Verify what data has already been compiled by past interns
- Work with Kitchen Manager to calculate yields on all recipes as a means of determining nutritional values
- Work with Director and Marketing Intern to create easy-to-read informational brochures to distribute to customers
- Evaluate AS Dining Service menus and recommend additions/alterations that would bolster their nutritional profile
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Must be a UC Davis student
- Able to work at 5-10 hours per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Access to nutritional calculators/tools
- Knowledge of AS Dining Service operations a plus
- Personal laptop for on-site work a plus
- Familiarity/experience with Food Processor software
- Nutrition-based experience not required but will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.