Student Government: Legislative Appeals Committee Chairperson
Name: Irveen Grewal
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-4 hrs/week
Start Date: Jan. 16, 2017
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-1932-2016
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 5, 2017
The purpose of the Legislative Appeals Committee, also referred to as "LAC", is to maintain all legislative appellate power by reviewing legislation for consistency with and adherence to ASUCD governing documents.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
LAC shall meet on an ad-hoc basis to deliberate on all complaints that are filed requesting the review of a passed ASUCD bill or resolution.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Have a general understanding of ASUCD bylaws and governing documents
- Ability to remain neutral
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.