Student Government: Staff for Senator Martinez
Name: Ricardo Martinez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-4 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 24, 2017
Job Number: 0008-1959-2017
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 20, 2017
To assist Senator Martinez in increasing the retention and recruitment of Chicanx/Latinx students, collaborate with the UC Davis community at large, and lastly but certainly not the least, the purpose of this position is to allow you to become involved in student government and represent your peers.
**More broadly, this position can really be up to you, if you have a specific project in mind, you have my complete support and assistance.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- 1hr weekly meetings, and various others
- Communicate in-person/online with faculty and staff
- Coordinate events and projects
- Report to Senator Martinez, 1 hr meeting
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.