Picnic Day: Special Events Director
Name: Grace Scott
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $600 Stipend - Pending Budget
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 23, 2015
End Date: May 30, 2016
Job Number: 0004-0196-2015
Last Date to Apply: July 30, 2015
Creates and coordinates pre-week activities, which include: the Cow Milking contest, Frisbee giveaways, and other contests/entertainment, and organizes the Community Service Resource Fair.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises Assistant Directors.
- Prepares end-of-year report. Attends weekly Board meetings. Holds mandatory office hours each week beginning in fall quarter.
- Community Service Resource Fair and Non-Profit Resource Fair
- Plans and runs PreWeek, the week before Picnic Day, with activities like Cow Milking and Acapella Show.
- Organizes and communicates with participants to put on fair on Picnic Day.
- Coordinates all signage for Picnic Day and organizes sign-making party
1. Organizational skills
2. Communication skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as the Special Events Director? 200 words max.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.