Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Staff
Name: Suhaila Sikand
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 1-2 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-1973-2017
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 6, 2017
To contribute to the City of Davis community art scene and engage with UC affiliates and city members. In addition, opportunities to lead public art projects are available.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend 1 hour weekly meetings
- Brainstorm public art projects
- Direct public relations with UC affiliates and City of Davis
- Volunteer hours during events involving APAC
- Promote events, calls, meetings, and projects
- Optional attendance at City of Davis community meetings
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for the Arts/Art culture
- Active, motivated, and engaged
- Strong communication skills
- Open to "getting hands dirty" and skill sharing
- Artistic experience welcome, but not required
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.