Coffee House: Coffee House Employee
Name: Emily Weidemann
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: March 6, 2017
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-1993-2017
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 12, 2017
The Coffee House is now hiring Kitchen, Out Front, and Cashier employees for Spring Quarter 2017. Employees will be preparing great food, provifing excellent customer service, and/or working registers for our 9000+ daily customers.
- General group interviews for positions will be held in person February 21st through February 28th.
- Newly hired employees are required to attend orientation sessions March 6th and/or March 7th (times will vary)
- Training will take place March 8th-March10th and March 13th-March 17th. You MUST be able to train that week...NO EXCEPTIONS! (Primarily excludes weekends and unversity holidays, however some employees may be required to train Sunday, March 12th and Sunday, March 19th)
- Regular schedules will begin Spring Quarter on April 3rd, 2017. However there may be hours available March 20th-March 24th if you'd like to start earlier.
- All new employees may be required to work Spring Break (March 25th through April 2nd)
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
Applicants selected for an interview will be considered for one position, based on the applicant's experience and CoHo staffing needs. If you have a preference for one position over another, please note it in your application.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service while working the service areas.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work area during a shift.
- Work in the various ares of the Coffee House to prepare and serve food to our customers.
- Learn basic and more advanced "scratch" cooking and baking techniques. Prepare salads, slice meats and cheeses, prepare vegetables for recipies, create casseroles, sauces, soups, entrees, and make cookies, cakes, frostings, and bars.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a busser in the dining room, emptying trash, wiping tables, and stocking service platforms.
- Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work 15 hours per week during the academic year. This will include early mornings starting at 6:30am, late evenings, and weekends.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- No experience necessary. We will train you, however, please list all previous food experience on your application.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~$15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.