Unitrans: Shop Office Assistant
Name: Andrew Wyly
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-12 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-1998-2017
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 23, 2017
Office Assistant for the Unitrans Shop.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Balance daily fuel usage of diesel and CNG for Unitrans buses and support vehicles
- Daily updates on Excel to contribute towards monthly fuel reports
- Daily transfer of drivers’ mechanical requests to work orders
- Review and complete purchase orders for parts and materials
- Enter received inventory data of mechanic hours, work completed and vehicle information into computer system
- Balance student and career labor hours
- Answer phones and take messages when needed
- Maintain office filing, as per Federal and State Standards
- Run errands/distribute documents between business offices
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to work with people in a personable and amicable manner
- Desire to learn Unitrans policy and procedures
- Good telephone skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.