Student Government: Academic Senate Student Representative
Name: Alex T. Lee
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2 hrs a week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2017
Job Number: 0008-2005-2017
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 21, 2017
The Academic Senate is essentially the governing body of the faculty and oversees matters related to faculty and curriculum. The purpose of the Academic Senate is to establish admission and degree policies, oversee course and curricula, recommend faculty appointments, and promotions, and advise the campus on budgetary and administrative matters.
Academic Senate Student Representatives will be adding vital students' input to these educational quality decisions. Please pick and rank your top 3 committees from below in your application:
· Admissions & Enrollment
· Affirmative Action & Diversity
· Courses of Instruction
· Grade Changes
· Undergraduate Council
· General Education
· Preparatory Education
· Special Academic Programs
· Undergraduate Instruction & Program Review
· Undergraduate Scholarships, Honors & Prizes
For more details visit http://academicsenate.ucdavis.edu/committees/committee-list/index.cfm or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
● Attend all Academic Senate Committee meetings for the committee that you are chosen for
● Update the ASUCD President and Academic Affairs Commission after each meeting
● Contribute your views and experience in academic decision making
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for student issues and improving the quality of life for all UC Davis students
- Able to follow through on commitments
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.