Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Staff- Student
Name: Suhalia Sikand
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 1-2 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-2023-2017
Last Date to Apply: April 1, 2017
To contribute to the City of Davis community art scene and engage with UC affiliates and City members. In addition, opportunities are available to lead public art projects.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend 1 hour weekly meetings
- Brainstorm public art projects
- Direct Public Relations with UC affiliates and City of Davis
- Optional attendance at City of Davis community meetings
- Volunteer hours during events involving APAC
- Promote events, calls, meetings, and projects
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for the Arts/art culture
- Active, motivated, and engaged
- Strong communication skills
- Artist experience welcome(not required)
- Open to "getting hands dirty" and skill-sharing
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.