Student Government: Disability Rights Advocacy Committee Member
Name: Sam Chiang
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 1-3 hrs/week
Start Date: April 3, 2017
End Date: March 30, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2034-2017
Last Date to Apply: March 9, 2017
To voice the concerns of students with disabilities at UC Davis and help organize projects and events to increase connections within the disability community.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend all meetings, as determined by the chairperson
- Serve as one of seven student representatives to the Student Disability Center
- Help organize projects for the disability community, as determined by the committee
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Passion for disability rights advocacy
- Knowledge of intersecting identities in relation to disability rights advocacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to collaborate with others
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.