Unitrans: Transit Driver
Name: Jenna Wetzel
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2051-2017
Last Date to Apply: March 23, 2017
Responsible for safely operating Unitrans vehicles in daily operation.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Maintain safe and reliable transit operations
- Operate Unitrans vehicles in both regular and charter services
- Responsible for taking fare, issuing transfers, tend to customer service questions about routes, schedule, fares etc.
- Maintain on-time performance, and keep accurate passenger counts.
B. Must be available for classroom training, behind-the-wheel training, and subsequent re-training as required.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
1. Must have a Class C drivers license for a minimum of one year.
2. Must not be graduating within the next 2 quarters of application
A. Required to work the designated minimum hours as defined by the HRM
B. Required to work 1-3 on-call hours per quarter
C. Required to attend three MANDATORY meetings per quarter
D. Must obtain a class B commercial license with passenger endorsement (all necessary training is paid for and provided)
E. Must be able to work some extra hours when required to ensure complete operation
F. Must possess an accurate time piece displaying hours, minutes, and seconds
G. Ability to exercise a high degree of individual responsibility
H. Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
Applications selected are required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to being offered this position. Successful applicants are subjected to a Criminal Background Check prior to starting Behind the Wheel Training. Successful applicants will also be part of a random drug and alcohol testing pool as defined by federal regulations 49 CFR PART 40.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.