Unitrans: Marketing Manager
Name: Hannah Hughes
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2059-2017
Last Date to Apply: April 2, 2017
Direct and manage Unitrans’ advertising, marketing, outreach, and promotional activites, and oversee the creation and maintenance of multimedia (print and electronic) projects for Unitrans.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant General Manager of Administration
THOSE SUPERVISED: Transit Marketing Assistants
If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring a portfolio of samples that you believe best represents your design aesthetic for review by the selection panel.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire, train, and supervise Transit Marketing Assistants
- Oversee the development and production of the annual Unitrans bus schedule
- Work with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, Business Office Manager, Transit Driver Manager, and Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator (and other managers as needed) to identify needs for employee and public outreach materials, and develop/implement work plans for the timely completion of identified tasks
- Organize and prioritize various requests for printed materials throughout the company, and negotiate delivery schedules as needed
- Catalog and manage all Unitrans internal and external print and electronic media files, and obtain permission for use of non-original artwork in any Unitrans print or electronic publications
- Administer Unitrans’ public social media interfaces and post relevant and timely customer service information
- Participate in weekly meetings with other Unitrans managers and career staff
- Organize and coordinate purchases of materials and supplies needed for all production efforts
- Regularly update and maintain Marketing Unit processes, procedures, and contact lists
- Oversee the development and implementation of special projects as needed
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
Marketing and design experience is highly desirable
Video pre-production, production, and post-production experience is helpful
Computer hardware and other equipment required to complete various assignments, including but not limited to desktop/laptop computers, printers, copiers, film and digital cameras, video cameras and editing equipment, scanners, and other reproductive equipment
Principles of design
Computer illustration and design applications (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
Digital image manipulation techniques
Graphic computer file creation and preparation
Multiple file formats and cross-platform issues for file distribution
Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Production, printing, and finishing techniques, as it relates to design and fabrication
Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software. Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google applications (Drive, Documents, Slides, Sheets, etc.) preferred
Graphic design principles and techniques, including special effects, overlays, photo manipulation, and type styling
Ability to understand Unitrans bus routes and operations
Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
Ability to implement effective time management techinques, and seek advice and direction as needed on project priorities
Ability to properly organize and delegate tasks as needed to ensure timely completion of projects
Ability to communicate along all lines of authority in a professional manner
Must be able to train during Spring Quarter and must be available to work during summer
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.