Unitrans: Driver Trainer Manager
Name: Nicole Heitkam
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $13.75/hr and $20/wk stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-2098-2017
Last Date to Apply: May 4, 2017
Assist Training Manager and provide oversight to Driver Trainers (DTs).
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee new trainees
1. Coordinate schedule of new hires and DTs.
2. Prepare New Hire paperwork.
3. Assist classroom training, including organizing Phase 1.
4. Coordinate summer training camp including daily training schedule bus board.
5. Coordinate training between other Unitrans departments such as Support Services and Shop.
B. Oversee DTs
1. Assist Training Manager with DT evaluations.
2. Oversee new DT training process including post-qualification and related paperwork.
3. Assist Training Manager in running the bi-weekly DT meetings.
4. Track DT success rate by surveying trainees and reviewing trainee driving records.
C. Other Responsibilities
1. Assist Training Manager in training department retreat planning and implementation.
2. Participate in all DT hiring panels.
3. Meet weekly with Training Manager.
4. Attend Train the Trainer workshop (to be determined) to provide more advanced training skills.
5. Recruit DTs and promote the training department within Unitrans.
6. Coordinate quarterly driver evaluations with Route Training Manager.
7. Oversee double deck Driver refreshers in September.
8. Oversee accident and return to duty refresher.
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
A. Must have at least 150 DT training hours.
B. Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the past year.
C. Must be a learning resource for all DTs.
D. Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
E. Should provide leadership to DTs and Trainees.
F. Must be able to exercise sound independent judgement of self and others.
G. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
H. Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the Training Manager, Route Training Manager, and Human Resources Manager.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.