Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Chairperson
Name: Suhaila Sikand
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2+ hrs/week
Start Date: Sept. 25, 2017
End Date: Sept. 14, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2112-2017
Last Date to Apply: May 16, 2017
To contribute to the City of Davis community art scene and engage with UC affiliates and city members. By taking this role, you will lead the committee and adhere to its bylaws
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Host 1 hour weekly meetings
- Direct Public Relations with UC Affiliates and City of Davis
- Recommend attendance at City of Davis community meetings
- Attend monthly Committee Chair meetings with Senate affiliates
- Quarterly presentations at Senate meetings about APAC activities
- Volunteer hours during events involving APAC
- Promote events, calls, meetings, and projects
- Seek new opportunities and maintain old ones
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for the arts/art culture
- Active, motivated, engaged
- Artistic experience welcome, but not required
- Open to "getting hands dirty" and skillsharing
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe a time when you held a leadership role?
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.