Unitrans: Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator
Name: Jenna Wetzel and Jack Breault
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 15 hrs/week (including weekends)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 3, 2018
Job Number: 0009-2140-2017
Last Date to Apply: May 11, 2017
Assist the Human Resources Manager and Business Office Manager in recruiting new employees, providing customer support, and facilitating transit customer outreach efforts. Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Develop and implement outreach and recruitment methods for new employees
1. Identify and coordinate recruitment opportunities throughout campus
2. Initiate outreach events to promote Unitrans positions
3. Meet regularly with the HRM to discuss promotional outreach efforts and evaluate effectiveness
4. Create a calendar with events and deadlines to achieve stated goals
5. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to crete content(flyers, booklets) to promote Unitrans positions
B. Transit customer outreach
1. Communicate to community members how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation
2. Disseminate information about Unitrans service options (including routes, schedules, fare) at various venues
3. Assist the Business Office Manager to organize Unitrans' presence at various outreach events throughout the year
4. Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at outreach events, including recruitment of existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities
5. Maintain relationships and contact information with external event coordinators
6. Work with Unitrans Marketing staff to develop and edit content(flyers, booklets) appropriate for distributing at each venue
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
1. Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
2. Must be able to work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
3. Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
4. Must be able to communicate along all lines of authority.
5. Must be able to work with people in a professional and amiable manner on both the phone and in person.
6. Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures, and hiring practices.
7. Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
8. Ability to assess customers’ needs.
9. Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.