Student Government: Secretary of Outreach and Recruitment
Name: Shelby McMichael
Payrate: 43.03/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-19 hrs/week
Start Date: June 8, 2017
End Date: June 14, 2018
Job Number: 0008-2161-2017
Last Date to Apply: May 24, 2017
The Department of Outreach and Recruitment helps to bridge the disconnect between campus and ASUCD student government. Serve as marketing advisor to ASUCD Senate and President. The Secretary of O&R is head of the Department of Outreach and Recruitment, which fouses on promoting student government though quarterly events, tabling, flyering, and social media.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Plan three quarterly events. These include town halls, job fairs, and ASUCD sponsored finals study spaces.
- Lead weekly Department of Outreach and Recruitment meetings
- Manage inventory of ASUCD merchandise
- Attend weekly Executive Office meetings
- Responsible for the management of the ASUCD brand
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to plan events in a timely manner
- Communicate efficiently
- Previous experience in marketing preferred
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.