Pantry: Education and Advocacy Director
Name: Rosa Maria Martinez
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $49.84/week (pending budget approval, refer to budget for actual weeks paid)
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/week
Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
End Date: June 14, 2018
Job Number: 0025-2192-2017
Last Date to Apply: July 6, 2017
Educate UC Davis students about egalitarian and sustainable food and agriculture practices; and advocate for food insecure students to the campus and local communities
- Work at The Pantry 2 hrs/week, attend 1 hr staff meeting and 1 hr board meetings each week
- Write grants for food and operational costs as required on The Pantry's budget and Long Range Plan
- Generate and regularly update communication media on local food resources
- Advocate about The Pantry's mission and services through interactive workshops tabling, and opportunities to communicate with the community in general
- Create or promote educational workshops or talks about food issues which are relevant to the average Pantry user
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Knowledge about The Pantry, food insecurity, food systems, and the state of affairs of these issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience as a public representative/in public relations
- Experience researhing for and writing grants for non-profit organizations highly valuable
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.