Office of Advocacy & Student Representation: Assistant Director for Federal & State Affairs
Name: Daniel Nagey
Payrate: $69.80/week (pending budget approval, refer to budget for weeks paid)
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hours/week
Start Date: June 26, 2017
End Date: June 10, 2018
Job Number: 0031-2226-2017
Last Date to Apply: July 2, 2017
To take on full responsibility of the UC Davis Lobby Corps team, which includes scheduling lobby visits, holding lobby trainings, and planning the Student Lobby Conference. This position must also be actively involved in the UCSA Government Relations Committee.
- Oversee UCD Lobby Corps
- Attend monthly UCSA board meetings
- Attend weekly OASR board meetings
- Give lobby trainings
- Weekly Legislative Director calls
- Schedule lobby visits
- Bill tracking/analysis
As part of your employment, you are required to subscribe to the ASUCD newsletter.
- Office and personal management
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Familiarity with the CA legislative, administrative, and judicial systems
- Ability to research and analyze legislation
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.